Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am more relaxed acting with Ranbir: Deepika

Mumbai, October 20: : Success sits easy on Deepika Padukone. Relaxing in her make up van outside the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week venue, the lissome model-turned-actor talks animatedly about her smashing debut and her relationship with actor Ranbir Kapoor. “I am only two films old in Bollywood, so I find it a little premature when people call me successful. When I approach a shot, I give it my best. It’s great if the film clicks. If it doesn’t, I don’t brood over it,” she grins, in between getting ready for a turn on the ramp for designers Shantanu and Nikhil’s Fiama di Wills show.

Padukone is still basking in the success of her second release, Sidharth Anand’s Bachna Ae Haseeno. The conversation veers towards Kapoor as her co-star and Padukone acknowledges, “I am more relaxed when I am acting with him and it shows on screen,” she smiles. In fact, ever since their romance became public, there have been many offers for them as a lead pair. But the actor is quick to point out in the same breath that they are not looking to cash in on their romance. “We don’t approach offers thinking it will give us more time with each other. We have been signing projects only if they are appropriate for our careers. With that kind of money involved, nobody takes a risk unless they are confident it will pay off,” she says.

Soon, we’ll see the 22-year-old in Nikhil Advani’s Chandni Chowk to China opposite Akshay Kumar, where she again has a double role after Om Shanti Om. “I am very fond of the movie because it’s the first time I have attempted action in a film. I had been training in jujitsu most of last year that involves hanging from cables and wires,” says Padukone, with some bruises from her action sequences clearly visible.

“There’s this particular fight sequence that I have with Akshay in the movie which I was quite nervous about. He taught me action should be like a dance, smooth and graceful,” she recalls. Even as she waits for the release of the film during Diwali, the actor is busy shooting for director

No comments: