Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Deepika PadukoneDeepika Padukone dons a Chinese look in 'Chandni Chowk To China'
02nd Sept 2008 12.30 IST
By Agencies


To shape Deepika Padukone ’s features and make her look like a Chinese girl has not been an easy task for the maker of Chandni Chowk To China .

The most difficult part has been acquiring the slanting eyes of a Chinese as Deepika, being a South Indian girl, has got big sharp eyes.



To give a slanting look, her make-up artist has insisted her to stick tapes around her eyes.

Deepika is quoted as saying in a news report, "I don’t know how or why Nikhil Advani thought of a South Indian like me with big eyes to play a Chinese. I play half-Chinese and half-Indian in the film. And to get my eyes to look less big and rounded and more slanted, some special make-up artistes were brought in. They suggested I stick tapes around my eyes."

But horrified Deepika preferred to consult with her doctor before taking this risky step, "My doctors said if I stick those tapes on my eyes for 12 hours a day, the shape of my eyes would change forever. So, instead, we got my make-up artiste Mallika Bhatt to do my eye make-up in such a way that my eyes looked slanting," added Deepika.

Like Om Shanti Om , Deepika will be seen in a double role in ‘Chandni Chowk To China’ that stars Akshay Kumar in the lead. In one half, she will play a Chinese lady and the other half an Indian lady.

No comments: